Recently we have been featuring the elevator industry giants’ most cutting-edge answers to the world’s need to go green, such as Otis Elevator’s Gen2 systems installed in Kohinoor Square in India, and KONE Elevator’s Regenerative Drive technology. Both systems aim to reduce costs, energy consumption, and improve efficiency, all the while still provide advancements in speed, comfort, and safety. Today, we’re taking a look at Schindler Elevator’s latest Machine Room-Less elevator technology, one that is specifically designed for the low-rise market in the U.S. and Canada, will help contribute to buildings achieving LEED certification, and still have a unique selection of design options suited for buildings of all kinds!
This, is the Schindler 3300 Machine Room-Less Traction Elevator system. Schindler’s cost-effective and sustainable solution for the low-rise building market.
The 3300 MRL is specifically designed to cater to the needs of the multi-unit and low-rise commercial markets in both the U.S. and Canada, providing a wide variety of elevator options that give smooth, quiet rides that use a lot less energy, translating ultimately to a lower carbon footprint, and of course, energy savings.
The system has already been installed in many countries worldwide, and its arrival in North America gives an opportunity for the low-rise market to take advantage of the Schindler 3300′s features. It is able to fit seamlessly into the footprint of a hydraulic elevator design, provides smooth and quiet operation of traction technology, have cabs that are up to 5% larger than the average MRL cab, and can be delivered to the building site in one complete shipment, to hasten lead times and installation.
And the Schindler 3300 not only works good, it looks good as well. The sleek Italian cab design can be further customized with multiple design palettes that will fit any kind of building.
Michael Landis, VP of Marketing at Schindler in North America, says “The Schindler 3300 is setting the new standard in the industry… With sustainability as the driving force, the system is quite mindful of the needs of architects, general contractors and passengers alike.”
But the Schindler 3300 system not only has eco-friendly features, it also has a number of systems and features in place that will be able to assist architects and contractors when it comes to building design, as well as maintenance departments when it comes to monitoring and troubleshooting. Below are some of the features, as described in the U.S. Schindler Elevator website:
Eco-friendly, efficient features
- Gearless machine designed to save energy and avoid power loss
- Stable start uses energy more efficiently and reduces electric costs
- Frequency converter with standby power mode allows elevator to return safely to nearest floor in the event of a building power outage
- Controls automatically switch car lights to standby mode to save energy
- Car panel and floor indicators all operate with low power, LED lights
- Multi-bus control architecture reduces cabling, material and waste
- Smart controls provide more efficient passenger transportation
- Car lighting equipped with energy-efficient lamps
- Central guiding system reduces friction and overall energy consumption
- Door drive with standby mode uses less electricity.
Building Design Assistance
- Access to three-dimensional Building Information Modeling (BIM) objects, and links to drawings and specifications
- A system performance calculator allows building owners to calculate annual energy costs as well as elevator performance such as floor-to-floor times, door-open times and more
- Cab configurator software lets architects and building owners explore the distinctive possibilities of design finishes for the Schindler 3300 cab
- An animated technical video takes viewers on a tour of the innovative technical features of the Schindler 3300 including its suspension traction media and its door jamb inspection and test panel.
- Schindler Remote Monitoring (SRM) system, a proactive maintenance tool that monitors the system 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Helps return equipment to service up to 22% faster than traditional troubleshooting processes.
All of the Schindler 3300′s features, as well as extra applications, can be found in the Schindler 3300 North America website: http://www.schindler3300na.com/
We here at Davies Elevator are truly excited with all of these green advances. After all, we too want to do our part in order to make our world safer, and better, for the future!
*source: http://www.schindler3300na.com/ All images, information, and samples have been taken from Schindler Elevator brochures and website, and are property of Schindler Elevator